Software Solution for Translation of Patient Instructions (SIGs) and Warning Labels
- Reduce medical noncompliance by helping patients understand directions for taking medication properly.
- Quick translation that does not interrupt your workflow.
- Print translated SIGs at the same time as the rest of your container labels.
- Cost effective solution to provide your LEP customers with accurately translated drug information.
- Complete confidentiality.
Instantly Provide Your Patients with Directions for Use (SIGs) and Auxiliary Warning Labels (AWL) in Their Language
Working with pharmacists, computer scientists and computational linguists, RxTran developed unique, patent-pending software that enables you to translate prescription drug Patient Instructions “Directions for Use” or SIGs, which can be translated accurately, precisely, and instantaneously with RxTran. You can print patient instructions / SIGs in any of the approximately twenty languages directly onto the container label and the package inserts / CMI.
Don’t Change Your Workflow; Enter SIGs into Your System as You Always Did
Pharmacists and physicians are used to entering Directions for Use for patients (SIGs) as free-text into their PMS software. They are understandably reluctant to spend more time entering SIGs in a structured way by using many clicks. Now they don’t have to. With RxTran, pharmacists can continue entering Patient Instructions / SIGs into their Pharmacy Management System as free-form text. They can even use standard SIG Codes and abbreviations, such as bid (2 times a day), po (by mouth), q34h (every 4 hours), x7d (for 7 days), prn (as needed), etc.
Our system matches the sigs to tens of thousands of sig phrases we have already translated into 26 languages. The accuracy of these translations have been validated by professional pharmacists who are native speakers of the target language (the language they are translating into).
Currently, our system can translate your sigs into 26 languages: Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional), Farsi, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Nepali, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese (for Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog and Vietnamese.
How to Learn More about RxTran Pharmacy Language Solutions
To get more information about our pharmacy language services, call 617-621-0945 or email info@RxTran.com to find out how RxTran can help you provide a more comprehensive set of services to your pharmacy clients.
Available 24/7 365 days a year in over 150 languages:
- No Monthly Fees
- No Minimum Usage
- No Special Equipment needed
Massive online, growing database of foreign language drug instructions to print directly onto prescription labels:
- Directions for Use (SIGs)
- Auxiliary Warning Labels
- Patient Education Sheets
- Access our library of multilingual Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and drug information, including descriptions on the proper use of medical devices dispensed by your pharmacy; all delivered to your customers when they pick up their prescription.
- Providing your customers with comprehensive written information in their primary language will limit the need for the more expensive over-the-phone interpreting services.
RxTran's parent company Language Scientific offers many more traditional language services.
- Pharmacy Translation Services
- Website Localization
- Over 150 Languages
- ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17100:2015 Certified